Namibia Wildlife Tour
Odyssey offers easy, convenient, and relaxed escorted .across Namibia and beyond into Africa. We explore Namibia's incredible natural beauty and some truly all waiting to be explored on one of Odyssey’s small group
This Namibia wildlife and cultural tour explores a country that shares its borders with Angola and Zambia to the north, Botswana to the east, and South Africa to the south and east. Wedged between the Kalahari and the South Atlantic, Namibia is home to the oldest desert of the Earth. Despite its parched reputation, Namibia is one of the world’s best wildlife destinations. This escorted small group tour exploring the wildlife and culture of Namibia may be taken on its own or combined with other tours. The tour can also be an extension to Odyssey’s Southern Africa Wildlife Adventure or Madagascar tour.
Itinerary: focused on Namibia wildlife and culture
The small group tour to Namibia for 9 days begins in Windhoek, the capital of Namibia. The charm of Windhoek lies in its harmonious blend of African and European cultures and its people's friendliness. Ever since the country achieved independence in 1990, it has been characterised by a vitality born of a sense of freedom and pride in self. Windhoek is one of the cleanest capitals in Africa. It offers all modern amenities that conform to some of the world’s highest standards.
- Our first stop is Namib Naukluft National Park.
- The remainder of our tour explores the West coast of Namibia, then Etosha, and then back to Windhoek.
Other highlights of this tour of the wildlife and culture of Namibia includes;
- strolling among the rock art at Twyfelfontein. This gained UNESCO World Heritage status in 2007,
- marvelling at Sossusvlei’s gigantic star-shaped mountains of sand.
- We also discover the unexpected proliferation of German-style buildings and the European cafe culture of Windhoek,
- as well as enjoying a cruise of Walvis Bay, a wide lagoon with innumerable sea birds, pelicans, and flamingos.
This escorted small group tour to Namibia is for the senior or mature couples or solo traveller seeking to learn about and understand Namibia's cultural heritage, history, it's people and their way of life, as well as see the wildlife.
For more details about the Namibia wildlife and culture tour, then please click the ‘Top 5’ or ‘Itinerary’ buttons above! If you’re keen to experience this tour, please call or send an email. Or, to book, simply fill in the form on the right hand side of this page.
- Due to flight schedules, most Australian cities may require 1 additional night in Johannesburg.
- Group size limited to 12