Early Russian History and its Key Figures It is probably unsurprisingly that the largest country in the world, encompassing Eastern Europe and Northern Asia, with its ever-changing landscapes, multiple timezones and diverse inhabitants, would also…
Krasnoyarsk to Vladivostok Trans-Siberian Rail Journey in 22 days
Join Odyssey Traveller on this Krasnoyarsk to Vladivostok Trans-Siberian Rail Journey. During this escorted small group tour we embark on the greatest train journey in the world, the Trans-Siberian Railway. The tour covers the second leg of the Trans-Siberian journey, travelling further east from Krasnoyarsk in the heart of Siberian Russia to the port city of Vladivostok, where Russia shares its border with China and juts out into the Pacific Ocean. Vladivostok is the eastern terminus of the main Trans-Siberian route.
This 22-day tour is designed for the mature or senior traveller interested in history and culture, whether travelling alone or with company. Group size is typically between four to 12 travellers, fully escorted by an Odyssey Program Leader and local guides. This small group tour offers flexibility, focused attention, and stops in cities and towns not usually included in other commercial tours, promising a unique experience even on this train journey that has been attempted by millions of travellers.
This tour spends multiple nights in:
- Krasnoyarsk, located more than 4,000 kilometres from Moscow, one of the oldest Siberian towns
- Abakan, the capital city of the Republic of Khakassia and dubbed the Siberian "Archaeological Mecca"
- Irkutsk, the jewel of eastern Siberia
- Khabarovsk, sitting on the bank of the Amur River just 20 kilometres from the border with China
- Vladivostok, which means "lord of the east", where in 1891 tsar-to-be Nicholas first laid the stone that would be the foundation of the Trans-Siberian Railway
For more details, click the ‘Top 5’ or ‘Itinerary’ buttons above! If you’re keen to experience this tour, please call or send an email. Or, to book, simply fill in the form on the right-hand side of this page.
Other Odyssey Traveller Tours by Railway
Odyssey Traveller regularly offers tours designed for the mature or senior traveller to enjoy in a small group holiday and learning environment. We also publish articles to provide more information to our loyal and prospective participants.
Prepare for the Krasnoyarsk to Vladivostok Trans-Siberian Rail Journey
If you want to learn more about the Trans-Siberian Rail and the train journey to Krasnoyarsk, click through to read the following articles prepared by Odyssey Traveller:
- Trans-Siberian Railway overview, which includes tips on booking your ticket and preparing for the long train ride
- History of the Trans-Siberian Railway
- Trans-Siberian Landscapes and Wildlife
You may also want to check out our other tours also travelling on the Trans-Siberian Railway, one travelling from Mongolia to Russia and the other traversing the rails from Helsinki to Irkutsk. You can also learn more about Russia from our country profile.
For a different pace and cultural experience, you may want to explore our other small group tours by rail:
- Japan History by Rail tour which journeys through Japan on the shinkansen (high-speed train)
- French History by Rail tour which goes through Paris and the other cities of France; we have a 21-day tour and a shorter 11-day tour
Other articles of possible interest is this two-part post filled with travelling tips for seniors, an article on the many nifty gizmos and gadgets you can bring on your trips, and an important article about practising responsible travel.